The long awaited Silver Lake 365 by Whole Foods is open!
The first of it’s kind – this is a new type of Whole Foods geared towards Millennials.
So what’s different about this Whole Foods?
- Because the prices are lower, there are fewer choices of each product than a regular Whole Foods. On the plus side, there is a huge selection of fruit and vegetables, all beautifully displayed. And the vegetables are in a separated, cordoned-off area that helps reduce the energy needed to keep it cool, part of the 365 commitment to sustainability.
- The Silver Lake store is predominantly about food, meaning they don’t have skin care products or a large vitamin selection.
- There is a coffee/juice/wine/beer bar – and no, this doesn’t mean you can go shopping with a glass of wine in your hand (yes, I asked). Alcoholic beverages must be consumed within the designated area.
- There’s a café attached called CHLOE that is slated to open on Memorial weekend where you can get vegan goodness to eat in or to go.
- The display signs are digital, meaning every sign in the store can be changed through their computer system. Granted on opening day, they were still tweaking this system, but I think it’s a great idea.
- There’s an original artwork mural by a local artist that reads: “Silver Kale”.
- All the beef is purely grass-fed and all the chicken is California-raised.
You’ll find everything organic you desire, even organic Jelly Beans (which don’t really qualify as a food in my book), and all the hip dietary trends – kombucha, paleo-friendly, gluten free, vegan, plant based, kosher, yerba mate, hand pressed juices, organically grown wines, biodynamic alcohols…you get the idea.
365 by Whole Foods Market President, Jeff Turnas says, “It’s Whole Foods quality at really great prices” – and he hopes that soon, this new concept will be everywhere.
365 by Whole Foods is located at 2520 Glendale Blvd in Silver Lake
Open daily from 8AM-10PM