You may well sprout wings and fly at the Raven Spa this Valentine’s Day. Imagine taking to the air with arms outstretched, body relaxed like Icarus in flight. Sun be damned, this traditional Thai massage will have you heading straight to the heavens. Your journey begins at the door—green tendrils, texture and teak welcome you, as you check in and receive a little care package: comfy clothes. As you don your relaxation uniform you literally leave yourself behind and enter the universe of peace and calm. A gentle waterfall compliments the sound of silence. No water buckets and chatting at this joint. You are the center of a still world. A chocolate and champagne greeting awaits you before you embark on your body-journey. Thai massage, also known as “lazy man’s yoga” involves a give-and-take stretch series. You are gently lengthened in a choreographed dance, while still receiving the oft-anticipated regular massage treatment. Foreheads are swept in rhythmic strokes, muscles are coaxed into submission—pressure points are pushed, all is well. Yet this experience on the mat is more meditation than a massage. You notice your breath, you feel the dynamic energy of the massage. This is a conversation of bodies, and that is super sexy. The Raven Spa is the spot that will hit the spot.
- Platform LA Launches Small Business Saturday Contest
- Pilates+Sip at LA’s First Distillery
- Jorge Ayala at PERI.A Trunk Show Alert
- The “Neo Native: Toward New Mythologies” show at the Sam & Alfreda Maloof Foundation: An interview with curator and contributing artist Tony Abeyta
- Fashion & Coding Come Together at CS+X Dress Code Event At Google Venice
Something is wrong. Response takes too long or there is JS error. Press Ctrl+Shift+J or Cmd+Shift+J on a Mac.