Southern California offers a wide range of Halloween events to suit every age group and scare tolerance. Here are some of the top Halloween events in Southern California for 2023:
- Knott’s Scary Farm: Knott’s Scary Farm is a must-visit for thrill-seekers. It features twisted mazes, scare zones, thrilling rides, and shows. The event takes place on select dates and guests can save up to $50.00 on select dates.
- Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights: Universal Studios Hollywood brings your worst nightmares to life with eight terrifying haunted houses, scare zones, the famous Terror Tram, and live entertainment. The event runs on select nights from September 7th to October 31st.
- Griffith Park Haunted Hayride: Experience the original Haunted Hayride of Southern California in Griffith Park. Guests are taken on a tractor-pulled hay wagon ride through the park’s woods, which includes a slideshow presentation and a Scary-Go-Round. The event is open from September 22 to October 31
- HOWL-O-SCREAM At SeaWorld San Diego: SeaWorld San Diego hosts its first-ever Howl-O-Scream, transforming the once peaceful park into a sinister carnival of horrifying creatures. The event runs from September 29 to October 31.
- Nights of the Jack Calabasas: For the ultimate Halloween experience in Los Angeles, check out Nights of the Jack. This event features elaborate, larger-than-life pumpkin installations that visitors can enjoy while walking through the trail around the history-filled ranch. Nights of the Jack takes place from September 29th to October 31st, 2023.
- Fearplex: Lights Out Halloween Maze: Fearplex presents Lights Out, a terrifying Halloween event where nightmares come to life. Guests will participate in interactive scares and try to escape from frightening mazes, such as the Zombie Escape, Carnival of Evil, and Toxic Terror. The event takes place on select nights from October 6-31, 2023, in Pomona, California.
- West Hollywood loves Halloween, and the City of West Hollywood is thrilled that Halloween is back with Halloween Carnaval 2023! The City’s incomparable Halloween Carnaval is one of the most unique Halloween gatherings in the world. During the acute phases of the COVID-19 pandemic, the City did not host Halloween Carnaval in adherence to public health guidelines. In 2021 and 2022, the City launched an alternative Halloween experience that encouraged entertainment venues and businesses to celebrate safely. Halloween Carnaval is free to attend and will take place on Tuesday, October 31, 2023 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m. on a one-mile stretch of Santa Monica Boulevard between N. Doheny Drive and N. La Cienega Boulevard. Staged on Santa Monica Boulevard/Historic Route 66, Halloween Carnaval will feature a stage at the intersection of Santa Monica Boulevard and N. San Vicente Boulevard with a live DJ set, food trucks and thousands of wildly dressed Halloween revelers for a one-of-a-kind experience.
These are just a few of the many Halloween events happening in Southern California. Whether you’re looking for a family-friendly experience or something more intense, there are plenty of options to choose from. So get ready to celebrate Halloween in style in Southern California!